Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Blog, Your Rights

Gentle Reader,

Thanks to the internet, we now have again have an uncensored ability to publish anything we want. It has come to my attention that some people would rather not be mentioned or their picture shown in this blog. If you fall into this category, drop me an email and I will remove the offending object.

In other news, there was an exciting fire by our place last Saturday night, which brought out two fire trucks and the fire suburban. Because I was still fully dressed and all the other women were milling about in robes and dressing gowns, I decided that I wasn't dressed for the occasion and didn't investigate further.

Also, a Swedish based, flat-packed and inexpensive furniture and other sundries store opened in Draper yesterday. Huzzah! I already have two bags of tasty, tasty frozen meatballs. And I desperately want one of their blue and yellow dirndl. After that it was off to the German deli, where I ate yummy schnitzel and purchased German mustard, candy and carbonated herbal drink.

cheers,

Frau Magister

4 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I feel privileged to be linked to lamb curry and rice.
I don't trust the 100 Hour Board and their ideas on Portuguese, however, for this reason. The 2nd response "corrects" the Portuguese command form, by making it even worse, yes worse. Then proceeds to make another mistake in the following sentence. And this is to say nothing of the mistake made in the first sentence.
Not meaning to be a hater here...
And they totally have a navy, my mish prez was in it.
Maybe I'm just being stubborn??

Frau Magister said...

In general I don't trust the 100 Hour Board language questions myself. I've seen their German RMs make fun of questions in German and then make as many grammatical mistakes in their own grammar in English and German. But that seems to be a trend with RMs who never end up taking a class in their mission language. Or some even when they do they just assume the professor is wrong.

Not that I'm a hater. Ok, I'll admit, I'm a small RM hater. But not a Portuguese hater!

Thora said...

I love being mentioned in you post. I love seeing my name in print, even if it's just on a blog; it makes me feel famous. Avram just answered a language Arabic question today on the 100 hour board; at least there aren't any Arabic RMs to be arrogant. Hopefully he answered it okay.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I commented back b/c it made me think.
As a side note, I'm excitedly waiting for another entry from you...