Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm So Fascinating

The theme of this last general conference was homemaking. If you don't remember it that way, ask any woman or the bloggernacle and they will tell you the same. Being the consummate homemaker myself, I was able to rest easy knowing all was well during said broadcast. Just look what I had done just the week before:



Yes, I canned peaches. And I am such a kind caring person that I let Newt can with me:



We are actually so in tune with our inner homemaker that this was our third time processing peaches this year, and we canned more the next night. Our abilities weren't limited to plain canned peaches, but extended to jam, spiced peaches and peach butter. To quote that now out-of-print edition of that favorite cookbook, "it is a thrill to posses shelves well stocked . . . with the fruits of your labor, comparable only to a clear conscience or a very becoming hat."



Lest I mislead you into thinking my domestic arts are limited to those culinary, here are my most recent fabric creations destined to beautify my home and symolize my virtue:



My family initial, representing my familial piety.



The flag with heart, my expression of patriotism.



A double pinwheel, an allegory of my charity radiating out to all around me and keeping me well rounded.



The holiday star, symbol of the guiding star and light of gospel living.

The natural partner of homemaking is mothering. Though I'm not technically a mother, I have my husband on whom I may unleash my inner mother. He is always cleaned, groomed, pressed and ready to obey.

6 comments:

Carrie Nation said...

Sirius Matt

Thora said...

I'm still laughing. I should write a thoughtful comment, but instead I'm just going to say how glad that you posted, and how much I look forward to your posts; they make me almost as happy as having a becoming new hat. Also, I am very impressed by your homemaking abilities, especially the canned peaches. Where are you getting all these peaches from? You must have a secret, private supply.

Anonymous said...

I know you have shelves well-stocked, lots of becoming hats, but a clear conscience? After publishing that picture of Sirius, groomed and pressed?
Actually Mutti was very impressed by your many pursuits as was the chocolate chip kid herself.

Anonymous said...

It's true! You are a domestic goddess. Papa

Anonymous said...

I do not think anyone ever questioned your domestic capabilities, nor the charity in your heart which allows a friend to assist you in your labors. Indeed you are a woman of many virtues.

And to make my praises complete, Matt is my idol. I want to grow up to be just like him. I even have a wife to order me around too! See how I walk in his footsteps? All I lack, alas, is the beard. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Tonight I finally got the chance to catch up reading your posts, and as I enjoy all of them, this is definitely my favorite. I can't stop chuckling over all of your photos and comments. My belly hurts. And then, I had to click on Carrie Nation's link, and the laughs continue . . . THANKS!