I love my current calling (primary teacher), but that doesn't stop be from thinking about callings I'd love to have, and therefore never will:
Ward Organist
Relief Society Music Chair
Ward Choir Director
Ward Choir Accompanist
Ward Music Chairman
Nursery Music Leader
Extraction (not Indexing, sigh)
Nursery
Girl's Camp (any position)
Family History Specialist
But there are a few calling's I never want, and will have no doubt:
Sunday School teacher for anything but Gospel Doctrine/Essentials (ie the teenagers)
Ward Chorister (sorry Carolyn)
Relief Society Chorister
Visiting Teaching Coordinator
Ward Activities Committee
Emergency Preparedness Specialist
Anything involving a singles' ward.
If you could have any calling, what would it be?
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
I'll answer your question in my blog, but I do have to say: Hey, I never aspired to be ward chorister!
Teaching Gospel Doctrine which I am now doing. Kind of shakes your testimony, doesn't it? Papa
I would love to be involved with girls camp as well; I believe that was my favorite part of being a young woman. Also, nursery; I believe church is always improved with a snack in the middle.
I am "Service Project Leader" and that is more than enough! :)
I'm happy with just being a home teacher but I wouldn't mind teaching a class or something
hmm...perhaps mission prep? I had a friend who always wanted to be hymn book coordinator.
Girls Camp as well is great, Nursery was great as well, especially minus diaper changing nowadays.
I love teaching. I really like doing Sunday school and stuff like that. Nursery leader would be really cool too. But I think the coolest thing would to be called as a Stake Patriarch.
Teaching Gospel doctrine was my favorite calling. Didn't think it would be but after having it for 9 months in CA I was praying that I could have it in TX too. And then I had it for a year in TX. That's my story about that. Now I aspire to be the organist. But it's all for selfish reasons. It's not about not burying my talents and more about needing a reason to be motivated to practice. Plus I love the organ. Low on my list is Activities Committee, FHE (I'm still single remember) and break the fast committee (once again a calling unique to singles).
For now, I'm ward employment specialist. Why they gave the eternal student a job helping other people find employment is beyond me. It was the first time in my life where I was extended a calling and thought, "I really don't think I can do that. That's not at all within my skill set" But I said yes with the stipulation that they train me. Still waiting. But I've only had the calling for 3 weeks.
I really like teaching. I don't mind conducting, but Sacrament Meeting intimidates me. I'd be willing to teach at any level or work with kids/adults at any level, I think.
I don't want to be YW camp anything. I don't like scouting...
oh, and I'd probably say no to sacrament meeting pianist if asked again for the ward's sake. The first time was a FIASCO.
Be thankful you'll never have to worry about getting called to financial clerk. Ugh. -Bro in law
It is a dangerous thing to speculate since there is an angel in the great control room in the sky monitoring such speculations, in particular actually listening for "I don't want to be" or "I'm glad I'm not" comments. Just a caution from one who has been there, and done too many of thats. Mutti
like the time I was a freshman and told my roommates "anything but FHE mom" and then the next day the bishop asks me to be FHE mom. of course I said yes. and it was pretty bad.
Post a Comment