What I was doing ten years ago: I was in high school taking my last math class ever and preparing for my German exchange student, Steffi, from Bonn.
What I was doing five years ago: Living in the German house, hooking up Carolyn and Jon, enjoying my last semester of undergraduate life.
One year ago: Been back from Berlin one month. Wishing I was still in Berlin (hmm, that hasn't really changed).
Yesterday: Graded papers, delivered them, took the bus to work, tried to read No Country for Old Men on the bus, worked, picked up by dear husband, ate hummus, tried to finish reading my book.
Five snacks I enjoy: Chips and salsa, toast with hazelnut spread or peanut butter, carrots, cheese in all varieties, cookies.
Five (whose counting?) things I would do if I had a $100 million: Invest, buy fast cars, buy residences in various places (Berlin, Vienna, London, the Alps, Lake Zürich, Mesa), renovate my Aunt Alice's house, buy various musical instruments, donate to various charities and establish obscure scholarships.
Five places I would run away to: Home, New Zealand, Sydney, Most of Europe, Canada
Five TV shows I like: Dr. Who, Torchwood, House, Ugly Betty, Venture Brothers
Five things I hate doing: Ironing, walking through the snow, scrapping ice off of cars, arguing with students, taking my car to the mechanics
Five biggest joys of the moment: my husband (who spends his days solving my emergencies), my sister (who puts up with my emergencies), Gretchen (who also puts up with my emergencies), my parents (whose patience I try), competent people (especially in graduate admission offices and plumbing services)
Five people I'll tag: I don't think there's anyone left, but if you are out there and feel left out, I tag YOU!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I would be glad to be "Tagged" by you anytime. Can I assume from your comments about plumbing services that your problem at your home in Mapleton has been solved? I hope so. I refuse to say what I was doing 50 years ago. It might be embarrassing to all who read these comments. Just hope you are all having a great time loving those around you!
Ironing! I must protest! Ironing is a very enjoyable pastime.
Hmmmm, I'll have to think about these and see if I can remember what I was doing this time 10 years ago...
Always good to meet more fellow Doctor Who fans. Still waiting to see Torchwood series 1 on DVD. Funny, but because we are not in the UK, the official BBC Torchwood website is "restricted" for us. Did you know they have a series based on Sarah Jane? Ah, so many cool shows from our fellow mates . . .
Herbst
Torchwood is okay but a little to much Captain Jack sleeps with everything from space. However I liked it despite the Welshness of it. The Sarah Jane series though didn't go so well. Also the Cartoon series with K-9 is a flop.
Of course I haven't waited to see the series I just exercise my rights to compensation for British Impressment of American Sailors by Impressing their films into my service.
Post a Comment