Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fantastic Four

pre-wed3

What has happened in the last four years? Here's our marriage in numbers:

  • three continents

  • twelve countries

  • four cities lived in

  • two states lived in

  • fourteen states visited

  • five moves

  • five funerals

  • eight weddings

  • six windshields

  • twenty-two chances to curse Chicagoland traffic

  • two degrees

  • three septic tank disasters + an unknown number of basement floodings

  • thirteen jobs

  • ten fountain pens

  • ?>ten cameras

  • one darkroom

  • a year's supply of needlework projects

  • reams of secondary articles

  • lots and lots of pepsi

  • fifteen trips home

  • eighty-two days apart

  • 121 books acquired this year alone

  • and still no babies

7 comments:

The Old Cowboy said...

Happy anniversary! and Merry Christmas!

Oneup said...

10 Fountain pens! And you two are worse bibliophiles than I am! Happy Anniversary!

Robyn said...

Happy Anniversary!
uM...but not so happy about all the septic mishaps.

You're awesome! One of these days, I'll need to meet your man.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We wish you many more years of joy together.
Mutti

Equinox said...

Happy happy happy happy happy anniversary! Glad to see there were more wedding celebrations than funerals. Curious, in a reluctant way, to know about the six windshields . . . . Like the uncertain amount of cameras. : ) Way to stock up on a year's supply of your own "emergency essentials." Awesome collection for the bibliophile! Though I'm still unsure whether I stand in awe or horror that you have actually been able to keep count of your book acquisitions. Hopefully most of those were for enjoyment, not just for assignment. : ) Happy day and years to come for you both!

Frau Magister said...

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

I'm not really sure where all the books came from - I think a combo of Christmas and three semesters of grad school plus all of the random books we pick. But we use librarything, so I didn't count them myself!

The windshields: My old car (alas no longer with us) had an attraction for rocks, especially on I-15, so I had to get a new windshield once a year. Then I was in a minor accident this year in Matt's car and we had to replace the windshield, which strangely costs about three times what it did for my neon.

Laura Dee said...

Millie's B-day is flanked by two auntie anniversaries. I'd post photos of her shindig, but I'm hoping the Old Cowboy's shots turned out better than ours. We hope you had a lovely celebration.