
Sometimes it really feels like life is much from cyclical than linear - or at least it feels like I stuck in an endless loop of school/break/school/break repeated ad nauseum. Didn't help that the world was mostly shades of gray this week anyway.
Some things do change - I have all new professors this semesters. Already for one class we got to talk about this awesome ad from a long ago newspaper in Arkansas:

I still don't have a Lawn Schwing . . .
I have an exciting post waiting of some of my exploits during the break, but I need to get the accompanying pictures from my parents so stay tuned.
PS: If anyone out there has a paper on anything related to anything that could possible be construed as German/Austrian/Swiss(etc), please come present at the conference the grad studs here are putting on. I promise there will be my area's finest cheese during the breaks.


5 comments:
grey and greyer every day...but not as cold as your place
This,too,shall end. Right now we are wishing for the Why Invite Death Raft, as we are about to float away. What pictures are you looking for? Drop an email and we'll see what we can do.
We finally had storms/winds this week that blew the nasty "worst air in the nation" away. Ugh. Nice to see the mountains and horizon again.
David has papers. Keep bugging him. He might be able to come deliver for you. Email him the info because then maybe we could come visit. : ) He's good, though he'll deny otherwise. But legitimate professors (i.e. those who know what is going on and what they're talking about) and a wife vouch for him (and pressure him to keep it up). Maybe we could also somehow make this work related if you find some cool teens to talk to, interview, or whatever because, you know, that's what he does. And then it would be a double bonus trip! (Or triple because we'd have family, too.) Worth a try.
And I L-O-V-E the photos. Are those Matt's from that cool camera he had at New Years?
Are you willing to pay a ticket to Wisconsin for me to present??? I will have at least 2 papers in a couple of weeks...
I have always felt that we understand what eternity is. Same old thing over and over. Just like the gerbil in a wheel. Mutti
Post a Comment