Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good Works

. . . suffereth long, and is kind; envieth not; vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth



He who seeks God with pure love
obtains with a sincere heart
not his own good
but that of his brothers.
He gives everything,
tries to get nothing back,
is patient of suffering;
envy never casts his mind into sadness.

5 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Why is it that virtues sound more virtuous (ironically using the modern English definition) in Latin?

Frau Magister said...

Latin is the natural language to talk about the things of God - we should return hold sacrament meeting in Latin.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Tecum consentio.

REC said...

You have really tapped into some very profound verse. I like it, I really like it.

The Old Cowboy said...

Good stuff. I agree 100% re Latin in Sacrament meeting,