skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Things I'm thankful (or not) for this year
Thankful for:
- Students who do their homework
- Competent teachers
- Competent colleagues
- Bluegrass
- My English prof who loves Freud and even talked about Jung once in class (who knew I would miss them so much?)
- Reading literature - in English!
- Organ music
- Badger football
- Jean Shepherd
- Undergraduates
- The retroflex "t" in Norwegian
- Mustachioed private investigator running around Hawaii with his British landlord and military buddies
- Shirley Temples
Not Thankful for:
- Madtown cyclists
- Incompetent leaders
- Bad teachers
- Snow
- Arthritis
- Hölderlin
- Prelims pushed back (even longer hair!)
- No time to blog!
5 comments:
Umm... I may be bringing my mandolin to Christmas... if you can, you should bring your fiddle! I don't promise greatness, but at least it wouldn't involve school!
(Don't tell my mum, but sometimes I practice old time stuffs more than oboe stuffs. It's just that it's new and exciting and all that. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm glad you found a group. Knowing now a little bit of what it entails.... I hope that makes sense. I'm not quite sure why this is all in parentheses. Maybe because it's after midnight?)
I've also been enjoying Magnum, PI reruns this year.
Have you watched Blue Bloods? New series with Tom Selleck.
Interesting list of things to be thankful for as it is so not a list of "big ticket items" but merely things that enrich, don't annoy or simply entertain. The retroflex "t" is intriguing. You will have to explain that one.
I want to read literature in English class . . . lucky.
Post a Comment