To start with, consider this:

Now admittedly I tend to think I am more of a rocker than a mod, but I would rather ride this:

Yes, I'm a Vespa girl. I've even been nearly run over by one on more than once in Rome, but I still love it. Unfortunately, I would need to live much closer to my place of business, because I don't relish riding one in the mid-winter for long periods of time.
Or I could drive this in the winter:

Right now our family car compromise between an MG and a mini-van is this number:

The Audi A4 wagon - within the stodgy exterior of a family car lies the power of German engineering.
However, should we, for some unforeseen reason, out grow this vehicle, we're upgrading to this:

Yes, the Unimog, the Swiss Army Mercedes truck. Just throw the kids in back on the comfortable benches and away we go. This one is a bargain at 4500 Euros. Even in my childfree state I'm sorely tempted. I'd love to blow by a Hummer in one of these beauties.
And for the parades:

And for Trabant/Ostalgie:

Unfortunately our next car will probably be a used Honda or VW Rabbit (sentimental value for Matt). I'd like to get an old truck - but each of us has our own nostalgia for either Ford or Chevy which will most likely never be resolved.
In the meantime I will just have to ask Gretchen to take me out for a spin in her new bug. And you can enjoy a picture of Matt and me in his grandpa's MG shortly after we got engaged two years ago (it was considered for a time to be our engagement picture):
My we were young!


5 comments:
Cool post!
I like Matt's Airswitch shirt. It's SO Utah Valley. :)
i'm excitedly waiting for you to take out a hummer.
so at the concerts for the world, global warming and stuff, the al gore things, there was this picture of a Prius there, you know, saving the world. right next to it was a hummer. i loved it b/c the irony was sweet.
Audis are a beautiful sight...
I think you might like my friend's blog. It's all about her adventures on her new Vespa except for the weeks when she wrote about her old VW bug
http://www.ladolcevespa.net/
I'm a fan of the family vehicle; Avram and I need benches for our children; who needs separate seats and seatbelts! - Thora
I had my Vespa infatuation when Lee had one and took me for rides on it including the memorable one when we wiped out in the Canyon. Just scrapes and contusions and the scars have long since faded. But seeing the mountains unencumbered by a roof was awesome.
I still miss my blue VW which probably remains my favorite car because it was so reliable though hot in summer and cold in winter. But I filled it up infrequently for less than the cost of one gallon of today's gas. Mutti
Post a Comment