Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Film of late

When I've not been visiting campuses, I've been watching French and German crime film. I would highly recommend all of them:





In addition to some well-crafted films, I got to see one of my favorite German film stars, Conrad Veidt


I also discovered a love for two favorite French film stars.

Jean Gabin



Alain Delon



I guess we learn smoking was sexy.

5 comments:

Carrie Nation said...

We're doing Dreigroschenoper in one of my classes this week.

Fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see more Franka Potente. Papa

Carrie Nation said...

by the way, who's the guy at the helm and what movie's that from?

Frau Magister said...

That is Alain Delon in Plein Soleil (Puple Noon). It is a French adaptation of the Patricia Highsmith novel "The Talented Mr. Ripley". Mr. Delon runs around half-naked for a good portion of it, as it takes place on or near the Med for the most part. This excited my students.

Vanessa Swenson said...

you can watch M online and i watched a bit of it one night but didn't get to finish it. that is definitely something i need to get back to.