I've learned to trust their judgment when it comes to my appearance. When I had short hair, they were quite concerned. They told that I wouldn't be able to get married unless I had long hair. Then next time I saw them, they must have had sensitivity training because they told me I could get married with short hair (although the youngest added "but I don't believe it"). They proved to be right, though - a few months after I started letting my hair grow out, I met Matt and by the time we got married my hair was 'long' (by my standards, anyway).
So I guess I'm not that surprised to that the movie star qualities that they saw in me in December are now coming true. Just look at what I did this week. I performed four hymns on the organ for church. I mastered a French test which included a reading about poutine. I won two thumbs up for a ten minute presentation (in German!) on Bach's St. Matthew Passion. I translated strophes from the Nibelungenlied twice in class - that's twice as much screen-time than anyone else. I collaborated on the script of a short, experimental, French one-act drama showing how a single dirty fork can reveal the tragic innerworkings of the food industry. I fed my addictions for caffeine and fried cheese curds. I let someone else cook and clean for me. I found myself this morning face-down in a pool of my own drool after a late night of
Yep, I am a movie star. That's why they pay me the big bucks.


6 comments:
Fried cheese curds? Is that even real? Are you pregnant?
No, not pregnant, just going native:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds#Fried_cheese_curds
What an interesting week! BTW Face down in a pool of your own drool is better than face down in a pool of someone else's drool. Think about it. Mutti
I always knew Madison was a party town. Soon you'll look like the successful rock star on New York Doll. The one with wrinkles the size of the grand canyon. Or Mick Jagger. I guess these are singers, but you get my drift.
Mmmmm...fried cheese curds...
Ah, yes, I remember that "sensitivity training" episode. That was after der Meister and I had a giggle over the interesting mentality of our children at that age. (Long hair = marriage. Hmmm . . .) Those fried cheese curds you all had me try at that tasty burger joint in the land of the sun were sooo tasty. Wonder if anyone has those here . . .
And very cool that Crowley's "The Translator" is part of your library! Knew you guys had good taste. : )
Post a Comment