1. Nickname: Sar, Barb (under very certain circumstances), Mrs. Reed, Katja’s Sidekick.
2.Favorite Word(s): squirrel and eichhörnchen
3. Hometown: Table, Az
4. Current town: Madtown, Wis
5. Croutons or Bacon Bits: croutons
6. Favorite Salad Dressing: Italian
7. Shampoo or Conditioner: Shampoo
8. Have you ever been skinny dipping: yes
9. Favorite color: green
10. Have you ever been convicted of a crime: no
11. One pillow or two, cotton or feather: 2, feather
12. Pets: none
13. Favorite type of music: opera
14. Hobbies: organ, handicrafts, bluegrass
15. Favorite toothpaste: baking soda
16. Favorite food: mac n cheese
17. Do you get along with your parents? Yes
18. Favorite town to chill in: Berlin
19. Favorite ice cream: spumoni
20. Favorite drink: exotica fanta
21. Adidas, Nike or Reebok: Reebok
22. Favorite cologne: 4711
23. Favorite website: Google
24. favorite subject in school: German
25. least favorite: German
26. favorite alcoholic drink: wine for the fondue, beer for the brats
27. favorite sport to watch: rugby, college football
28. most recent humiliating moment: couldn’t remember the word for “to do” or "to make" for my French oral final last week. It was really embarrassing. I could think of about five German verbs to use, even the Farsi, but couldn’t think of the French. I finally said “the Americans are finding a new version of the film” because I had already started my sentence before I couldn’t think of “faire” until I got home.
29. What do you look for in the opposite sex? I ask myself, "Is he my husband?"
30. What’s your screen name: Frau Magister
31. Why? Because Austrians are formal people, and it pleases my mother
32. Astrological sign: Pisces
33. How many people are in your family: 5 or 2, depending
34. Are you the oldest, youngest or in-betweenie? In-betweenie
35. Do you have a BF or GF? Neither
36. Color Eyes? Green
37. Color Hair? Light brown, ever increasingly blond and long:

Last Fall

Today
38. Are you athletic? No
39. Are you smart or stupid? A little of both
40. Any special talents? I can touch my nose with my tongue
41. Favorite Sport: Rugby
42. Favorite Band: Beatles
43. Favorite Animal: moose (so noble)
44. Favorite Book (for the death paper): Reforming the Art of Dying: The ars moriendi in the German Reformation (1519-1528)
45. Favorite Movie I’ve seen in the theater this year: Star Trek
46. Favorite Teacher in HS: Herr B.
47. Favorite Movie star: Alec Guinness
48. Favorite TV show: x-files
49. Favorite TV star: David Tennant
50. Favorite Sayings: holy Hannah
51. Favorite Online friends: the bloggers and all of my little buddies on facespace
52. Do you smoke? Only second hand
53. Do you drink? Not even in Wisconsin
54. Are you a virgin? One time the student newspaper at G.O.D. University, called the Daily Unifarce, ran a story about the sexual activity among the students of said university. According to their statistics, 4% of the student body admitted to being sexually active. The reporter was shocked to find it that high at a university where students had to sign a piece of paper promising no pre- or extra-marital sexual relations. I was disturbed by the statistic as well, but for a different reason: according to the university website, 25% of the student body were married. To reiterate the discrepancy: 25% were married, but only 4% admitted to being sexually active. What do the rest of the married students do? What do they call it? Or did the Unifarce survey just survey singles in the dorms? I’ll never know.
55. Do you sell drugs? Nope
56. Have you ever killed someone? By a miracle, no
57. Who do you hate? Bicyclists in Madtown
58. Who do you love? Everyone
59. Do you have crush on someone? Yes, his name is Conrad Veidt

60. Who do you want to marry? A more interesting question might be, who did you want to marry?
61. If you were trapped on a desert island with only seven people, who would they be? Matt (he’s good with knots), Newt (she’s good with numbers), Stick (she went to engineering camp), Linus (if we meet any natives, he’ll be able to communicate with them), Dame Ellen MacArthur (she’s good with boats), Eddie Izzard (seems useful in a pinch), and Pres. Obama (surely with him there would be a rescue effort)
62. Are you afraid of death? Not since I saw this:
63. Are you afraid of the dark? Not usually
64. What are you afraid of? Speaking French with French people
65. How many names are one your buddy list? Sorry, don’t use aim
66. Who are your friends? A collection of nerds, geeks, wonks, a few socialists and other like-minded people
67. Who or what makes you laugh the most? Snoopy dancing with the bunnies
68. Who or what makes you cry the most? Religious music
69. What was the best advice ever given to you? Semper ubi sub ubi
70. Mother’s name? Mommy, dearest . . .
71. Body piercing? No
72. Naughty or nice? Nice
73. How much do you love your job? Enough
74. Birthplace: on the border
75. Favorite vacation spot? Home
76. Ever been to Africa? No
77. Ever eaten just cookies for dinner? Breakfast and lunch, but not dinner
78. Ever been on tv? Maybe
79. Ever steal any traffic signs? Not myself
80. Ever been in a car accident? On two continents
81. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 2
82. Can you drive a standard? Yes, a skill I've learned since coming to Madtown Here's a picture of me driving a stick:

83. Favorite pie: lemon or pumpkin or mincemeat
84. Favorite number: 9
85. Favorite holiday? Halloween
86. Favorite dessert: esterhazy torte
87. Favorite day of the week: Friday
88. Favorite brand of body soap? Ivory
89. Favorite smell: rain in the desert
90. How do you relax: a good book in a hot bath
91. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Not in school anymore, insha’allah
92. I own a violin, a ukulele, 2 mandolins, a guitar, a lute, a banjo, couple of plastic soprano recorders, a penny whistle, a couple of harmonicas, a tambourine, finger cymbals, and an egg shaker.
93. I suffer from arthralgia in my hands. Basically this meaning it was inconclusive what is causing my joint pain, either carpal tunnel or arthritis. But that doesn’t matter too much, because the treatment for either at its current severity means I get to wear these:

94. Because of this problem, I don’t play my musical instruments as well as I used too. Fortunately, I didn’t play the organ very much before I developed this problem, so I don’t notice that it’s gotten worse. Plus, the pedals give me something else to worry about.
95. I would recommend to anyone Persepolis and Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi
96. I used to listen to shortwave radio and send in listener reports to the various stations. 15 years later, the Chinese radio station still sends me a newsletter quarterly and a happy new years card annually. They recently dropped, however, the title of “Mr.” from my name in the address.
97. Reasons I married whom I did include: he knew ironport and beeman’s; he owned a couple of pickelhaube; when I asked if he knew what the Weimar republic war, he pulled up his shirt and showed me his Weimar reichswehr belt buckle; he could cook a mean potato salad; he liked minis; he knew his poetry.
98. I have absolutely no desire to go skydiving, climb a mountain of any remarkable height, or run a marathon. But for some reason I feel a twinge of interest in swimming the channel. After looking into it, I decided it was prohibitively expensive. I’ll just drive route 66 instead.
99. Since moving to Madtown I’ve learned to drive stick, to speak some French, to read the Nibelungenlied in the original, to enjoy fried cheese curds, to realize mac n’ cheese pizza is actually better than it sounds, to appreciate a tasty Friday fish fry, to love long underwear, and to acknowledge that ice cream and frozen custard are serious business.
100. Here’s what I do when not in class:


Go to the library

Wonder

Read

Enjoy


8 comments:
Number 29 made me laugh and Number 96 reminded me that I still have a postcard from a Japanese radio station in my violin case because of that shortwave fetish. Happy 100th! --Lu
You must have finished the "Death Paper". We laughed a lot when we reached #54. Funny post. Mutti (or Mommy, Dearest)
"Daddy, can we watch Carmen?" "We've watched it 3 times in the last 3 days." "Can we watch just the part where Carmen gets killed?" My Bim was all of 3 or 4 at the time. Congrats on number 100. Papa
That was fun, especially Dancing Snoopy.
Happy 100th. I'm glad you still love the Beatles and Moose.
Given the number of babies born in my Wymount ward (about one third of the ward had babies) - definitely more than 4 percent of BYU is sexually active. Unless the babies all came via storks or cabbage patches. Of course, I would have to believe the interviewer only polled their immediate acquaintances. Perhaps the football team. I enjoyed your mulitvaried answers, and your longer hair looks nice.
Perhaps your husband who knows poetry can explain the big deal about The Waste Land. Because I think I'm missing it.
How many hours over your lifetime do you think you've spent in a library? Just asking.
Your welcome for one of those mandolins. I love your thoughts on what to look for in a man.
Getting stranded on a desert island talking with natives sounds like a lot of fun. As long it's not the natives on the recent King Kong movie. Man they scare me.
Post a Comment