Soon I leave for Utah, followed later in the week by Matt. Ever since this trip to Utah finally came into being a couple of weeks ago, we've been talking about all the food we want to eat while there. (This is a common theme in our travels, and we never ever make it to everywhere, lest we explode.) Here's our list right now:
In the UC:
Joe Vera's
Lon's Cooking Shack (at least the fried cauliflower)
Burger Supreme
Two Jack's Pizza
One Man Band
Zub's
Bombay House
That new Italian place
SLC:
Crown Burger
Hire's
Chinese Place
Molcasalsa
Elsewhere:
Maddox!!!!
Bluebird chocolate malt
Anywhere we're missing?
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Hmm....
I would gladly join you in your gastronomical adventures. I am trying to think of any places that may have been left out.
There is a new Taco shop - Taco Riendo (Laughing tacos??) that is in the former wingers shiny building.
There's the taco stand in Downtown SLC that John took Matthew to - quite tasty.
Molcasalsa?
I shall ponder further.
First off, we'll have to visit while you're here. Now then. Anywhere else . . . how long are you staying? A few weeks, right? Cannella's is delicious, especially their ravioli with pesto sauce so tasty I'd drink the stuff if I could. And The Blue Iguana (and it's sister, The Red Iguana with slightly different flavors) gave me a lesson in delicious mole (that's MO-lay, kids) and just how many varieties there are of the tasty stuff. We also discovered a lovely Greek restaurant that has been around forever (yes, I'm just now discovering it) called The Other Place. I could live off of their lemon rice, feta-covered Greek-dressinged salad, and pita bread and be a happy person. Man, this was a dangerous comment. It's almost midnight and now I want lemon rice and pita bread with a side of pesto sauce. Never mind the fact that I got hungry when you mentioned Hires. And shakes. I'm going now.
So, are Crown Burger and Burger Supreme the same chain or not? I've been pondering this for years, to no avail. Same thing with Apollo Burger. In my memory they have the same menu - but then memories can often be tricksy.
Avram and I have talked about places that we would eat back in ol' happy valley. We'd go to Two Jacks, and Lon's - of course for the fried cauliflower. Food of the gods. And Bombay House, and burger supreme. Everyone always talks about Cafe Rio - I've never been there, but now I'm curious to at least try them out.
Enjoy my home!
Mmmm. I want a Molcasalsa burrito now. There's The Pie if you want more pizza, and there's Market Street if you want seafood. It's kinda pricey, but clam chowder and salad is affordable, and the soup is to die for. Our favorite place is Lorena's in Bountiful. It's got cheap Mexican food, and it's kinda ghetto, but it's really good-better than blue/red iguana in my opinion. And don't forget Cafe Rio.
Thora- They have similar menu's but they're not quite the same restaurants. Apollo burger has a lot of Greek food offerings and while Burger Supreme has some it's not as many. Crown burger is a chain of it's own as it has two different locations.
Frau- Just be sure to check some of the restaurants have closed down. I think that Lons is back where it used to be and not on university ave anymore because of complaints from the neighbors about the delicious smells.
Thora- They have similar menu's but they're not quite the same restaurants. Apollo burger has a lot of Greek food offerings and while Burger Supreme has some it's not as many. Crown burger is a chain of it's own as it has two different locations.
Frau- Just be sure to check some of the restaurants have closed down. I think that Lons is back where it used to be and not on university ave anymore because of complaints from the neighbors about the delicious smells.
Post a Comment