Friday, February 22, 2008

Carolyn's School Weighs In

I got my admission letter to Carolyn's school this week with financial offer. So now we've only got one school left. I will say that Carolyn's Buckminsters are last right now in terms of prestige and offer, which is sad to Matt who hoped to go to some gaming or comic book convention in the same city. But you never know what might happen.

4 comments:

Veiltender said...

Don't worry, Matt. I am not as prestigious as your wife, so there is still a chance that I would could end up there. In which case, you could visit, and we could attend the gaming convention together.
-ARS.

Veiltender said...

I'll add that Avram plans to make a road-trip to visit said Gaming conventions (well, one in buckeye land at least) every Summer, even if we end up elsewhere in the Midwest, and if you and Matt are anywhere else in the vicinity, hopes Matt will accompany him every Summer road-tripping as well. So basically unless you go out west "with flowers in your hair" expect Avram to expect Matt to pilgrimage with him ever Summer. Thankfully I get to stay home, although Avram assures me they plan activities for accompanying spouses; we could see all the local museums together, Sarah....I'll pass. (Nothing against said museums of course).
Thora

Frau Magister said...

Ok, prestige was the wrong word. I would never dare impugn the honor of said university as I would have half a million living alumni and 50,000 current students out to get me. What I should say is, it isn't as highly ranked in my field.

I'm fine with sending Matt on pilgrimage to cons with Avram, but I'll pass on the spouses activities too.

Carrie Nation said...

That's 60,000 students, and the graduate studies chair of your department here thinks you should consider them. He said to tell you to contact him if you want to chat. But, I must admit that you would probably do better in your field elsewhere. Oh well. Matt's welcome to stay with family if he does come to any conventions in our city. Sometimes it's better to visit a place than to live there. No one has yet taken us up on our offer to give tours of buckeye country, and soon I will take offense. It's not just a university, you know. Ours is beautiful country, Honeychurch. Speaking of which, PBS is doing a new Room with a View. It's unthinkable. Nothing could ever be better than Kiri and Helena Bonham Carter. grrr.