You may or may not remember (or even know), dear reader, that I've been trying to join the ranks of those who pile it higher and deeper. This process has been fraught with difficulties, from instructors forgetting to mail recommendations to basements flooding. But I kept up with it, even if it was like repeatedly running into that glass sliding door and never learning.
Yesterday I heard back from the first two of my applications - and both were enthusiastic admissions with the promise of monetary aid, the details forthcoming. It looks like I will be able to finally escape the black hole of the UC. Regardless of the other schools decisions, I will at least get to choose between Brett Favre and Garrison Keillor (even if that means more snow!).
AN ADDENDUM:
Tonight (Sunday) I got a call from my other December application, and I was shocked to hear I had been admitted there as well, financial package and a possible visit in March in the works. Now my choice includes the promise of a coastal, temperate climate, with good ethnic food and the occassional earthquake to shake up the aging hippies. I keep thinking this has all been a cruel joke, that I'll wake up and discover it's April fools and I'm not going anywhere. In truth, the cruel joke is that I will have to pick one of them.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Shriek! Great! Papa
Hoorah! That's fabulous.
(and thanks for the donkey. :) )
Congratulations! Good things come to those who wait. We never know what the Lord's timetable is but one thing that I believe is that He is in charge. Mutti's proud.
Now all you have to do is choose between all the great packages people will be offering you in the coming months! I don't envy you. Linus says not to accept the package from the unibomber, btw.
That's great for all the schools; guess we'll hold off on buying you the scarfs for a little while.... Man, with this acceptance rate, you'll get your absolute pick from all the schools.
Thora
Woot! Rock on! Congratulations! Happiness reigns!
RoseE
Woot! Rock on! Congratulations! Happiness reigns!
RoseE
We are happy for you here in Moab. Choice is always nice. I know how you feel about not thinking being accepted was real that's how I feel about my job here.
Great news! Buy an SUV and run over some hippies for me if you make it out that way. You can't miss 'em out there, they're like pigeons, flocking and fluttering about like they own the place!
Post a Comment