Matt went to Ohio in June while I was living it up in France. Unfortunately he left his favorite pillow in the world bought at the Scandinavian flat-packed furniture store in Berlin, therefore it is the European square kind and irreplaceable in the great USofA.
So we went back last month so that he could be reunited with the pillow and sleep more soundly. We stayed with my sister and her husband at the

We saw lots of exciting things: the Chihuly exhibit, Star Trek, book stores, the Shannons, Amish people, Indian mounds. We also ate lots of tasty food (Greek, Middle Eastern, Swiss, American, Ohioan) and some just because it was there (20 White Castles).
But the only pictures I took of the whole thing were in Kirtland, which I enjoyed quite a bit. First on the agenda was visiting the temple:

The original wall color is supposed to have been blue with a red roof and green doors. How cool is that?
We then went to the Isaac Morely farm, where we discovered that sunbeam chairs date from the early days of the church:

We then went to Historic Kirtland where we got an extensive tour from two very nice (and not at all pushy) sister missionaries. It started with the Whitney store:

And ended with the Ashery:

What was amazing to me was within the space of a few hours I visited three sites of theophany of the restoration. Within the next year, I an suppose to visit Palmyra and Nauvoo. If I make to Missouri too, you can start calling me Haji Sarah.


2 comments:
Haji Sarah! Does that mean that your calling and election is made sure or that you will be translated? Loved the Sunbeam chair. Hope the pillow makes for better sleeping.
Kirtland is very interesting, eh? I guess the best part for Matt was getting the pillow back. We are getting extremely trunky.
Post a Comment