Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Introducing a New Character in Our Continuing Adventure

No, I'm not pregnant.

Quite opposite, in fact: I got myself an additional father - a Doktorvater to be precise.



He was formally known as "the young one" (in this post).

Now that I finally have a Doktorvater, I can start working on things like my dissertation proposal and reading lists for the prelims. Which means I'm one step closer to getting my hair cut.

6 comments:

sallysue said...

Congratulations!
And good luck on the topic picking. Even with just my 'scholarly document' I am waffling between a few topics. I'm so glad to be in a performance based degree...i.e. thoroughly impressed by all the stuffs you get to do! And that it gets done!

The Old Cowboy said...

Another hurdle completed. Illegitimatum, etc.

Equinox said...

I love the first line of your post. Because you knew that's what people would expect. Congrats, and we wish you continuing determination!

Carrie Nation said...

I forgot, the hair-cut's not all the way at the end of the PhD, is it? Or was it just until PhD candidacy?

He looks like a fun Doktorvater, btw.

REC said...

So there is light at the end of the Doctoral tunnel and a hair cut in view. So glad that you will not have to change your name to Crystal.
Enjoy your new Doktorvater.

Frau Magister said...

Haircut when I pass prelims in December (hopefully).